Configuring Outlook to UAConnect/Exchange
If you already have @email.arizona.edu configured in Outlook, then skip to part 2
Part 1 Connecting Outlook to your UAConnect/Exchange Account
1) Open Outlook, Click the File Menu at the top-left, then “+ Add Account” near the top.
2) If this is your first time using Outlook you may get asked to provide a Profile Name, if so call it “Exchange” or “UAConnect”
3) Fill in the Auto Account Setup, your First and Last Name, your (your_netid)@email.arizona.edu email address, and your UA NetID password (twice).
4) If you entered your netid password correctly, in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, you will receive a message that says: “You must restart Outlook for these changes to take effect.”
5) Click OK, then Click Finish at the bottom
6) Outlook will then prepare your email profile and begin populating all your mail folders. If this is your first time connecting to UAConnect, you will see messages in the Inbox that pertain to your email@example.com. This is also where your @AG and @CALS mail will get delivered after September 15, 2014.
Part 2 Configuring Outlook with the UAConnect/Exchange Server
1) With Outlook open, select File and Options
2) (Optional) Select Mail, select Always Check Spelling before Sending
3) (Optional) Select Signature and re-create your signature
4) In the left column, Select Advanced
5) Where is says: Start Outlook in this Folder, click Browse and select the inbox under your @email.arizona.edu account
Part 3 Moving email Folders from your CALS account to your UAConnect/Exchange account
1) Before you begin moving your CALS email folders to your UAConnect/Exchange account, you will need to remove any punctuation in the name of your folders. The move will go much smoother without this complication and you can add them back in after moving the folders. If you don’t, you could be in for a difficult move.
2) Once you have finished renaming your folders without punctuation, you can drag and drop the folders from your old cals or ag.arizona.edu to your UAConnect account by clicking on the folder you wish to move over and dragging it and dropping it directly on top of: (your_netid)@email.arizona.edu (In the left column). This will begin moving mail to the new UAConnect account.
3) VERY IMPORTANT: The folder moving process can be quite extensive and time consuming depending upon how much email you have saved in each folder. You will not be able to use Outlook when moving a folder. The Exchange server will only allow you up to 9 GB of space so if you have better than 9 GB of email, you will want to first weed through your old email and delete anything older than 5 years. If you are over the 9 GB quota and move your email, once you reach that quota, your email will stop working without notification.
4) Once all your email folders are moved over, you will now move all the email from your CALS or AG Inbox, your Sent Items, your Drafts, and if you wish, your Deleted Items to your @email.arizona.edu account.
5) This process is different because you do not move folders. Moving these other emails is done by opening the CALS or AG box you wish to move.
6) You will highlight all your email in your Inbox and then drag them and drop them onto the @email.arizona.edu Inbox. You will do the same with the Sent Items, the Drafts. Should you wish to keep deleted items, your CALS or AG Trash box emails should be moved over to the @email.arizona.edu Deleted Items. Sorry, you’re not done.
Moving your CALS or AG contacts to UAConnect/Exchange account
1) Go to Contacts (People in Outlook 2013), in the left column, click on CALS or AG Contacts,
2) At the top, click View, Select Change View and LIST.
3) In the list of your contacts in the right pane, click on the top entry, hold down the Shift Key, while scrolling down to the bottom of the list, Click on the bottom contact entry. This will highlight all the contacts in your CALS or AG Contact list including Groups.
4) Drag the entire Contacts List and Drop it on top of the @email.arizona.edu Contacts this will transfer all your Contacts up to the new Exchange Server so you will then have access to your personal Contacts and the Global Address List (GAL) for the Entire University.
5) You are Done!